Serving a green vegetable that your 4 kids will inhale in minutes and ask for more is a victory I never deemed possible.
Seriously, my kids will fight over who gets to eat the remains of this broccoli dish. I honestly cannot take the credit for this SIMPLE recipe. My 11-year old son figured it out. Rather than just giving you the recipe, let's take a walk out to my garden and harvest the veggie first.
The zester!!! (Excuse the lime. Someone zested a lime during this process.) If you don't have a zester, please stop right now and get one. Check out a good one here. I tried many years to do without this simple, efficient tool. Take my advice, the kitchen needs this one!
So from farm to table, here's the recipe!
- 1 Meyer lemon squeezed and zested (1/4 cup lemon juice)
- 3 heads of broccoli
- 6-7 tablespoons of butter melted
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cut broccoli into small pieces and steam until bright green and soft.
- In large bowl, toss broccoli with melted butter and lemon juice.
- Sprinkle with lemon zest and a dash of salt and pepper.
Enjoy & thanks for stopping by!
Subscribe to my blog for more homestead meals, family adventures and spiritual insights!