I am no Martha Stewart. I know most can relate. My crafty consists of "What do we already have in the house that we can use?" and "Which craft takes the least amount of effort and supplies?" Here's a craft that answers those 2 questions easily.
Grab whatever you have in the house. Here's what I had:
- Red paper plates left over from a party. Yes, they asked for green because trees are green; but whatever, deal with red. We are happy. The weather's great. Move forward here.
- Glue, glitter, sequins, stickers, brown construction paper for trunk
- Cut the plate in half. With one of those halves, cut it into quarters. With the other half, cut a smaller triangle.
- Staple the tree triangles together. (Or glue them. Stapling is easier for me and since I'm lazy that works out wonderfully.)
- Glue on sequins, place stickers and add some glitter!
- Voila! A cute craft the kids will be proud of! It might not be Pinterest worth, but hey, it's about the process rather than the product, right?
Happy Holidays! Get your craft on...however elaborate that may be!