Mama's still reading!

I figure I need to sharpen my mind a little if I'm going to be teaching my children, so I am continuing my quest in reading. Presently I am reading Cervante's Don Quixote, which is a very humorous book. We'll see if I actually complete it being that it's over 900 pages! But I read a Proverb the other day that states "The end of a thing is better than its beginning" and since I rarely complete things I'll take this on as a challenge.

The children, on the other hand, are reading something a little smaller, Ellis Credle's book entitled Down Down the Mountain. Being that this book is no longer published it was a little harder to come by but surely worth it! It is a sweet story about a brother and sister in the Blue Ridge Mountains trying to earn money to buy shoes. My kids loved it. Although I had plans to do some of the ideas listed in the FIAR curriculum for this book, we never got around to it. What with beautiful spring weather and monarch caterpillars everywhere, our learning ended up outside appreciating nature.

At a local CHEF potluck dinner last night, I discovered from a fellow homeschooling mother that the new library is taking requests for items to order that they currently do not have! Boy do I sure have a list!

Comments

Popular Posts