socialization

I know one common criticism from people not homeschooling is how the kids will learn socialization. I never was worried about that. But recently I have been worried about isolating them. People need people. No man is an island. While they are really content right now, I want them to have plenty of socialization when they are older (teen age years). After this week, I was not as concerned. For example, both of them went to a friend's house Thursday a.m. to play with their 2 sons. Thursday afternoon swimming with kids. Friday a.m. a park date with tons of friends. Friday afternoon and evening playing with kids that were over for dinner. I figure if the parents are social, then so will the kids. One thing I am grateful for is how many people are homeschooling in our area and how many great groups and resources there are. What wonderful support!

Comments

Popular Posts