Reprieve


I will admit it has been a rocky homeschooling week here. We were off last week due to my feeling "under the weather". The kids now feel under the weather and their behavior has shown it. Our load was light though as Canaan opted to go to Mrs. Courtney's school today...or should I say my load was light. This week we made clay in art, studied about stems in Science with celery in a vase of blue water, did our usual workbook pages and more dictation with felt board animals this time, studied vibrations in music and ate gumbo at Papa's Gumbo cook-off. Now off to sell glass at another art show in Mississippi. We will have a long break of down-time after this, if you don't count the holidays!

Clay Recipe
2 c. baking soda
1c. cornstarch
1/4 c. water
heat and mix. divide into 4. food color. play and let dry to harden

P.S. I just have to mention how good Gracie is. I usually do not have to mind her and she plays independently all day long. I found her the other day in the garden reading a book!

Comments

Popular Posts