Fun Literacy Project


My only complaint with the Charlotte Mason style of learning is beginning phonics around the age of 6. My kids were ready much earlier than this as I imagine most kids are. I do regret not starting earlier, but I know they'll catch up. So I am skimming through the language part of our curriculum and choosing what they have not yet learned or done. Last week the lesson was to make a story book. Each child told me a story while I wrote it down word for word. Then they illustrated it and I had them read it to the family. They are so proud of their books and love reading them! I was thrilled about this as they are very reluctant to read 1st readers. So while most of our curriculum is behind in this area, there are some good ideas to help promote literacy.

Comments

Popular Posts