Art

One of my favorite subjects to teach is Art. My kids love it also. I figure since I'm spending the time working with them on the subject, why not find out how to really do it? I checked out a great book from the library Drawing with Children from the founder of the Monart School. Canaan is meticulous and a perfectionist, so he enjoyed the step by step lessons (not all lessons are like this)...I enjoyed them as well. They focus on learning and using the 5 basic elements of shape. We probably spent a month using this book. Now we're on to painting and cutting shapes to mimic Henri Matisse (one of my favorites). I appreciate seeing his work in Nice, France at his museum. Pictures in book do not do justice to life sized works. Amazing! After Matisse? Christmas projects. Can't wait!

Comments

Popular Posts