Merry Christmas 2012

This year has really flown by.  The reason I know that is because as much as I love Christmas and winter, when the time came to get our tree I asked "Is it really time?  I'm not ready!"  Things are a little different this year.  We didn't do a family Christmas card.  Instead our focus was on making EdenScapes cards.  We bought handmade paper with seeds in it and stamped them with nativity scenes. This was Chap's idea and request.  I never thought I'd get to it, but we did and they're almost all out!  I'm not sure we'll get to our normal sugar cookie making day.  Think I might make peppermint bark this year and give to friends.  Honestly, I'm just tired of "doing" and want to relax with a cup of coffee outside by a fire; so I might not make any sweets.  My waist line will be happy.  Instead of the kids having a Christmas party for school, I volunteered to put together a trip to the nursing home where they'll sing carols and pass out handmade crafts.  Tomorrow we have kids coming over to paint dough ornaments and other crafts.  We have lots of Christmas parties/dinners this upcoming week and then it's actually Christmas!  Already!  Presents are bought.  Wish I had energy to bake and make more crafts.  But I'm fine just letting the kids turn on Christmas lights and entertain me with Christmas carols.

Comments

Popular Posts